If you want to give something that is beautiful and really useful to you loved ones for Christmas or any other occasion, you can make them the perfect aromatherapy gift.
Try to find out what essential oil they like or what scents they prefer and then you can get to work. If you know their skin type you can see what essential and base oil will suite them the best here.
Make unique and personal aromatherapy gifts for your loved ones
You can adjust this unique aromatherapy gift to the person the gift is for, by using their favorite scents. You can easily prepare this perfect gift by yourself, and you will not have to spend much time. The best gifts are the ones you have made by yourself with love and care for the person you love. Therefore, let the creativity out and enjoy in preparing this aromatherapy gifts for your loved ones.
To create a fusion of aromatherapy, you will need:
- small empty bottle (2 oz)
- certified pure essential oil
- carrier oil (almond, jojoba…)
- wrapping tulle or crepe paper, decorative ribbon and paper
Prepare a mixture of essential oils in a bottle, and then fill the bottle with a carrier oil. Make a paper note and attach to the bottle with the ribbon. Wrap the bottle in tulle or crepe paper.
For starters, we recommend that you begin with seven essential oils, mentioned bellow.
- Lavender: acts harmonizing, mixes well with most other essential oils, great for the skin and helps to de-stress.
- Roman Chamomile: relaxing, soothing, excellent against fears and nervousness
- Orange: uplifting, brings joy and happiness. Blends well with chamomile and lavender
- Sandalwood: has a positive effect on the mind, and helps to create inner peace. Blends well with orange, ylang-ylang and lavender
- Ylang Ylang: sensory and sexual oil. Mixed with two drops of cinnamon is an extremely sensual mix.
- Rosemary: physical and mental stimulant. It can be mixed with lavender, citrus oils, geranium, and juniper.
- Geranium: excellent effect on emotions and is very useful for many diseases. It can be mixed with lavender, rosemary and citrus oils.
Once you have made a fusion, write a note with a recipe and tie it to the bottle.
To be successful in making these aromatherapy gifts, you should follow a few basic rules:
- don’t put more than 10-15 drops of essential oil on 1-ounce base oil
- don’t mix essential oils that refute (eg. relaxing and energizing essential oil)
- be careful with essential oils that are strong
- avoid the use of essential oils in the first three months of pregnancy without the medical supervision of aromatherapists
- when preparing mixtures follow your intuition, take your time and feel the scent of essential oils
- fusion you made can be used for baths or as a body oil
- in case of any doubt, consult with the aromatherapist
If you are not new to making aromatherapy oil blends and fusions you can try making these essential oil blends with more oil combinations and more benefits for the skin.
The fact that you have prepared this aromatherapy gift by yourself will be most appreciated. And above that, the person that got this aromatherapy gift will surely really enjoy the effects of aromatherapy oils.