In addition to being economical and simple, this anti-aging mask is completely natural and it tightens the skin almost as controversial botox. This is an excellent treatment if you want to look your best for a sudden event, meeting or celebration because the effects of the mask are seen already after the first use.
Homemade anti-aging mask recipe:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed carrot juice (if you do not have a juicer, mix carrot in a blender and strain through a sieve)
- Dissolve the cornstarch in half a glass of cold water. Pour the whisked cornstarch in a small saucepan and add 8 tablespoons of boiling water.
- Cook the mixture over low heat until it thickens.
- When the mixture cools slightly, add freshly squeezed carrot juice and sour cream. Mix it well.
Apply anti-aging mask on your cleansed face for 25-30 minutes (for best results make a face peeling before putting anti-aging mask). After 25-30 minutes rinse the mask of your face with warm water and apply a nourishing cream.
The remaining amount of the mask can be refrigerated. For better effect, apply the mask for 3 days in a row.
This anti-aging mask hydrates, removes traces of fatigue and fine wrinkles, skin becomes tight, elastic and smooth.
Why does it work?
1. Cornstarch is the most common ingredient in face masks due to its excellent absorption properties and moisture retention.
2. Rich in beta carotene, carrots are a natural source of vitamin A, which has a number of advantages for our skin:
- helps maintain skin moisture
- promotes regeneration of skin cells
- effectively cures acne – helps with wound healing and pimples
- antiseptic property – strengthens the immune system and prevents infection
- it is rich in antioxidants that slow the aging process of the skin – natural anti-aging factor.
3. Sour cream, like all fermented milk products, contains lactic acid, which is essential for beauty and skin health. Lactic acid:
- helps skin to retain moisture
- does peeling naturally
- stimulates the production of collagen, which forms the connective tissue that supports the skin
- exfoliates the skin by encouraging the production of new, young cells and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
But lactic acid can increase skin sensitivity to sunlight, so be sure to stay away from the sun after the treatment.