You are taking outmost care of your hair, shampooing regularly, protecting from dust and sunlight, spending time on hairstyling but still having bad hair days. Do you have severely damaged or dry hair? Then deep conditioner is what your hair needs right away. Just hold on….deep conditioning is not all about expensive spa treatments. You can make them at your own home as well. Here we will be sharing some super easy homemade deep conditioners for smooth, silky, and shiny hair – all made with natural ingredients. Now you can take complete care of your hair from the comfort of your home.
How Deep Conditioning Can Restore Your Hair’s Natural Luster?
Deep conditioning is different from your regular conditioning. You usually apply a conditioner each time after shampooing to keep your hair manageable. But long-term exposure to environmental pollution, hairstyling products and extensive hairstyling with heat can gradually strip off the natural moisture content of your hair leaving them dry, dull and brittle. In such cases, conditioning alone won’t do the work.
Deep conditioning your hair helps to restore hair moisture by nourishing hair from its root to shafts. During deep conditioning, the conditioner penetrates into hair follicles. As a result, each strand of your hair gets full nourishment giving your hair that great shine and bounce you have always been wishing for.
Incredible Benefits Of Deep Conditioning Your Hair
Deep conditioning helps promote healthy hair besides protecting your hair from any excessive damage. Let us look into some of the benefits of deep conditioning your hair:
Deep hair conditioning treatments nourish your hair from the follicles to the shaft. It moisturizes and hydrates every hair strand, enhances texture, prevents hair damage and maintains healthy hair.
Restores natural shine and luster
Heat styling can strip natural moisture from your hair leaving them dull and lifeless. Deep conditioning your hair with warm oils helps restore your hairs natural shine and luster.
Moisture prevents your hair from excess dryness. Deep conditioning will keep your hair well moisturized and hydrated. Well moistured hair is less prone to breakage and split ends.
Dryness gradually decreases your hairs natural elasticity making them brittle. This makes your hair more vulnerable to damage and breakage. Deep conditioners contain essential oils that moisturize, strengthen and nourish your hair thus making your hair smooth, silky and elastic.
Homemade Deep Conditioner Recipes For Healthy Hair
Here are some effective homemade deep conditioners using natural ingredients that you can make easily. Beauty experts recommend deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week.
Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner
Coconut oil being rich in fatty acids is a powerful therapy for brittle and damaged hair. The oil penetrates into hair follicles to nourish and hydrate them from root to shaft. Deep conditioning your hair with coconut oil makes your hair softer, shinier, and healthier.
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil until it is just warm enough to touch
- Apply the oil to your hair, separating hair in sections. Make sure you coat your hair with oil from root to shaft
- Massage your scalp and hair gently for about 10-15 minutes to enhance blood circulation in your scalp and penetrate oil into the hair roots
- Leave oil on hair overnight. If you are running out of time then immerse a towel in warm water and squeeze well. Wrap the damp towel around your hair and leave for at least 30 minutes
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo
Egg-Olive Oil-Vinegar Mayonnaise Deep Conditioner
Mayonnaise acts as a great deep conditioner. Vinegar cleans and imparts shine to your hair; oil moisturizes and hydrates whereas eggs provide complete natural nourishment to your hair.
- ½ cup egg olive oil vinegar mayonnaise mixture
- Apply mayonnaise to your hair. Avoid applying on scalp if have oily hair
- Allow mayonnaise to dry before rinsing your hair
- Follow up with a mild shampoo
Egg Olive Oil Hair Mask
Egg olive oil hair mask can help to deeply moisturize, nourish and hydrate your hair
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Combine the above ingredients in a clean bowl and apply the mask to your hair
- Leave to dry before rinsing
- Wash hair with shampoo
Banana Honey Deep Conditioner
A blend of ripe bananas and honey make an excellent remedy for damaged hair. Bananas being rich in vitamin A and vitamin C help to maintain your hair’s natural elasticity and moisture.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil/olive oil
- Combine the ingredients to make a mask and apply on your hair
- Allow to sit the mask for 10-15 min
- Wash your hair with water
Have you ever tried deep conditioning?