Homemade face powder has many advantages because it consists only of natural ingredients.
Homemade face powder, made by you, will not cause any allergies and it will have only positive effects on the skin, protecting it from the ultraviolet rays.
Making homemade face powder is not difficult. This recipe is natural and the impact on your skin will be not only esthetical but also medicinal if you have problematic skin.
Homemade face powder made of oat flakes doesn’t close pores and is an excellent source of vitamins. It is excellent in mattifying the face, it evens the complexion and eliminates oily shine. By its composition it is hypoallergenic. It’s transparent, but hides any visible defects on the face, adapting to the color of your complexion.
Homemade face powder recipe:
- 3.75 ounces (8 tablespoons) oat flakes
- 6 cups of water (it’s better to use bottled or filtered)
- 2 bowls
- a paper towel or thin cotton handkerchief
- Finely grind oat flakes in a coffee grinder or blender.
- Put grinded oat flakes in a glass jar or other higher bowl and cover with 2 cups of water. Mix it well.
- Leave the mixture to sit for 20-30 minutes to separate the sediment.
- Slowly pour water (without sediment) in another bowl, and again pour 2 cups of water over the sediment.
- After half an hour has passed, repeat it for a second time. Water (without sediment) slowly pour in another bowl that already contains the water without sediment.
- Cover the mixture of oat flakes with water again, for the third time, and after half an hour again pour that water (without sediment) in another bowl. Oat flakes mixure will no longer be needed after that, you can use it as a face mask or for a gentle body pilling.
- Now we need to strain the water through a strainer, a piece of paper towel or thin cotton handkerchief.
- Put the paper towel in a strainer, and strainer in a larger bowl. Slowly seep water through these filters. Filtration process takes hour or two.
- After this time you will see that all the water strained, and the light mass remained on the paper towel. It will soon become our homemade face powder. But it is not yet finished. Ahead of us are another 24 hours of drying the powder.
- The paper towel is carefully removed from the strainer and we have to put it in a tray or plate. Leave it to dry. Drying time is approximately 24 hours.
- When everything is dry, slowly separate it from the paper towel and once more finely grind in a coffee grinder or mash with a small spoon. The last stage of the filtration is through a nylon stocking.
- Now put your powder in a convenient box and apply it with a brush.
I am happy with the result. Of course, this homemade face powder can’t hide pimples and severe redness of the skin, but it evens the complexion excellently, does not close the pores (which is not the case with the purchased powders), refreshes and eliminates oily shine for a long time.
But, most importantly, a very pleasant feeling when touching my face.
This homemade face powder really soothes the skin. You can use it for daily variation, applied after daily moisturizer or in the evening, as a finish on your liquid powder. I do not regret the time I spent making this and I suggest that you try it yourself.
Images are from www.femina.hr.