Dandruff is a common hair problem many people face. People use all kinds of shampoos trying to combat dandruff but most of the times it doesn’t seem to work and dandruff won’t go away.
But don’t get discouraged because there are many available solutions for preventing and fighting against dandruff in a natural way. You can get rid of it permanently.
Learn how to get rid of dandruff naturally and permanently with these 8 solutions:
This juice has very effective antifungal activity, which makes it an essential ingredient for hair masks intended for fighting dandruff.
- Mix the lemon juice and coconut oil in the ratio of 1:5.
- Gently spread the mixture on the scalp and leave it there for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse using a mild shampoo – you can also use natural homemade shampoo.
You should use it regularly once a week.
Lemon juice is considered a natural bleach because of the presence of citric acid, but it will not whiten your hair since you will wash it off.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe vera restores sensitive and chapped skin on the scalp caused as a result of itching. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties and it nourishes and cleanses the scalp which prevents dandruff.
- Rub aloe vera gel directly to the scalp.
- Leave it on for approximately fifteen minutes.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.
Repeat the process on a daily basis in order to achieve satisfactory results.
- It is considered the best natural remedy for combating dandruff.
- It has natural antibacterial properties that help remove bacteria present on the scalp.
- Grind the garlic and add a little water to make a thick and smooth mixture.
- Rub on the scalp and leave for about half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
Olive oil has many uses, and one of the most popular is its use in controlling dandruff.
Dandruff is usually a result of dry skin on the scalp, so olive oil is very effective in getting rid of dandruff.
- Rub warm oil in your hair 15 to 20 minutes before washing hair and leave it on your scalp.
- After that, shampoo your hair with mild shampoo.
You can also rub warm olive oil on the scalp in circular motions before bedtime. Leave the oil on overnight and when you wake up wash with mild shampoo.
Put an old pillowcase under the head to absorb oil.
Vinegar is rich in calcium and calcium enzymes that are responsible for suppressing itching on the scalp.
Use apple cider or balsamic type of vinegar.
Cider vinegar removes dead skin cells that cause the creation of dandruff and hinder the growth of the hair roots.
Don’t worry about the smell of the vinegar, it disappears when you dry the hair.
Yogurt and pepper
This is one of the simplest preparations for combating dandruff.
Applied to the scalp, yogurt has a calming effect and it prevents further skin peeling.
Pepper acts as antifungals.
- Grind two teaspoons of black pepper and add it to a cup of yogurt.
- Mix it and rub into the scalp.
- Leave on the scalp for about an hour and then rinse with a mild shampoo.
Ginger and beetroot
Ginger is an excellent remedy for fighting dandruff.
- Rub a mixture of ginger, beetroot and water into your hair and scalp and you will see how you got rid of dandruff naturally in just a few days.
- After applying the mixture, leave it overnight.
- Wash the hair in the morning to get the best effect.
The ubiquitous household product, baking soda will clean the scalp and help remove dandruff.
- One tablespoon of baking soda should be added in your shampoo to have an effect on dandruff.
- Wash your hair with the mixture of your shampoo and baking soda.
One wash will be enough for you to make sure of its effectiveness in removing dandruff.
Before you start your fight against dandruff, you should know that none of the above remedies has an instant result. This means that you should wait a few days or maybe weeks for results to be visible.
You will have to have some patience because the best way to combat dandruff is being persistent in your treatment.
Now that you know how to get rid of dandruff naturally, choose one of the above remedies and don’t give up immediately but stick with it for a few days until the results are visible.